- Two Public Health doctoral students awarded inaugural Mentoring for Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence program grantsMay 15, 2023
Samantha Kanselaar and Julia Mandeville are among the first group of recipients of the Mentoring for Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (MARIE) program, a new initiative sponsored by George Mason University’s Office of the Provost. The program offers mentoring support and funding for graduate students’ project ideas that advance the university’s values of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- School of Art Faculty Chawky Frenn presented 'We The People' series at the Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence ConferenceNovember 8, 2022
On such an important day, where we encourage our Mason School of Art community to get out and VOTE we are proud to highlight Mason School of Art Faculty Chawky Frenn who participated and presented a poster from his WE THE PEOPLE series at the Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (ARIE) Conference at George Mason University.
- December 7, 2022
George Mason University’s commitment to anti-racism and inclusive excellence is being honored with the 2022 NAACP Arlington Branch President's Award.
- November 28, 2022
A road trip of academics and professionals in jurisprudence and incarceration fields takes them to civil rights landmarks that inspire them to continue their work.
- Black Lives Matter movement inspires student/faculty collaborative DEI research on developing a race equity cultureNovember 18, 2022
While enrolled as a student in George Mason University’s School of Business MBA program, Tyece Wilkins-Amadi MBA ’22 embarked on an independent study project researching how diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is deep rooted in unspoken agreements between employees and supervisors, and more importantly, ways in which managers can change this.
- November 8, 2022
Sophomore Elaine Jin is leveraging opportunities circulated by Break Through Tech Mason’s listserv to consider different paths forward in tech.
- Conference draws faculty, students to Mason Square to share a vision for an inclusive, anti-racist futureOctober 26, 2022
George Mason University’s first Anti-Racism and Inclusive Excellence (ARIE) Conference on October 24 celebrated both the impact of research and the shared goal of shaping a more equitable future.
- Can virtual reality simulation help address racism, discrimination, and microaggressions in teaching?October 14, 2022
New training will educate faculty to recognize and react to implicit bias and microaggressions through a VR simulation.
- October 3, 2022
Her “transformative” career at George Mason University prepared Jennifer Vasquez for her new role: Vice president of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the NBA champion Golden State Warriors.
- October 3, 2022
Bucking a statewide trend of declining college enrollment, George Mason University, a top 10 public university for diversity, innovation, and cybersecurity, welcomed its largest and most diverse freshman class in school history for the Fall 2022 semester.