Press releases, announcements, and statements
- Major League Cricket, George Mason, and Sanjay Govil Initiate Study for New World-Class Cricket and Baseball FacilityNovember 30, 2022
Major League Cricket (MLC) and its Washington, D.C.-based investor Sanjay Govil announced today the approval to work with George Mason University (Mason) to study the feasibility of a new multi-purpose cricket and baseball facility.
- New Fairfax City Partnership with George Mason University School of Business to Promote Economic Growth While Affording Student Access to Experiential Learning OpportunitiesSeptember 28, 2023
Fairfax City mayor and George Mason University alumna Catherine S. Read (BA ’84) and George Mason University School of Business Dean Ajay Vinzé will sign a partnership agreement on October 2 aimed at promoting economic growth in the city while giving students access to experiential learning opportunities that will benefit local businesses and students.
- George Mason University is Virginia’s Top University for Social Mobility and a Top 50 National Public UniversitySeptember 18, 2023
U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2024 rankings puts Mason at #51 among all public universities and #105 among all universities nationwide. Mason retains its top 20 ranking position for innovation and improved to a top 50 (#49) university for veterans, according to these national rankings.
- George Mason University welcomes largest freshman class in school history; total enrollment of over 40,000 students is a record for VirginiaAugust 28, 2023
Total enrollment of over 40,000 students is a record for Virginia
- U.S. Air Force and George Mason University Partner to Modernize Warfighter Mission Training, Education and ResearchJuly 17, 2023
U.S. Air Forces Central (AFCENT) formalized a partnership with George Mason University for joint research, rapid capability development, warfighter training, and education to support the mission readiness of the Ninth Air Force.
- July 13, 2023
The Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution at George Mason University and Restorative Arlington, a local 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides restorative justice services to the schools, legal system, and communities of Arlington County and the City of Falls Church, have signed an affiliation agreement that would facilitate collaboration between the two organizations and further cement the Carter School’s profile as a key resource in alternative dispute resolution in the DMV.
- George Mason University Names Jackie Ferree to the New Position of Senior Vice President of Operations and Business ServicesJuly 13, 2023
Jackie Ferree has been selected as Mason’s first Senior Vice President of Operations and Business Services following a national search.
- April 27, 2023
The largest school naming gift in the university’s history, part of a $1B fundraising effort, will support Mason’s growing entrepreneurship and innovation programs.
- Northern Virginia Technology Council Chair Greg Baroni and Wife, Camille, Make Critical Investment in George Mason University’s Center for Government ContractingNovember 30, 2022
George Mason University announced the largest gift to a center within the School of Business from Attain Partners founder and CEO Greg Baroni and his wife, Camille. The first-of-its-kind university center to address business, technology, policy, and regulatory issues in government contracting, the Center for Government Contracting will change its name to the Greg and Camille Baroni Center for Government Contracting in honor of the new donors.
- December 6, 2022
Mason and MedStar come together to establish the Future Nurse Program, preparing nurses for clinical practice, and addressing critical nursing workforce shortages in the region.